Twitter Updates

Monday, July 14, 2008

Selecting a good leader

Another Insight

Selecting the right people to serve around you is one of the most important things you’ll do in ministry. The right people can help you reach many more for Christ. The wrong people can hold you back like a thousand-pound anchor.
This week, let’s discuss how to pick the right people.
Today I’ll list ten of the biggest lessons I’ve learned on selecting great people:



  1. Character is more important than giftedness.

  2. God often uses those others overlook.

  3. My wife is almost always a better judge about people than I am.

  4. Past success is a good indicator of future success.

  5. There is often a reason someone is looking for a job.

  6. Teach-ability is non-negotiable.

  7. When I’m trying to talk myself into liking someone, it’s best to move on.

  8. People from within the organization typically have a huge advantage over those who are from without.

  9. One of the best ways to attract better leaders is to become a better leader.

  10. We’re all better off when we pray, listen, and obey.

What would you add or take off the list?

No comments: