Twitter Updates

Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Madness

  • Friday I went out to a friends house to get the low down on how to feed there dogs since they were headed out of town and Laura and I were going to have to take care of them.
  • Saturday I had to work at the funeral home. The funeral was for a guy that I went to high school with that was killed in a car crash. This is the part of the job that never gets easy.
  • Saturday night I headed out to James and Mel Browne's house were Laura was house sitting and cooked dinner and helped with the dogs for a while before I got called back into work.
  • Sunday I headed to Hope Creek early to prepare for the day since we were having a program wide Kidz Cove meeting.
  • Did not have to do much teaching Sunday cause my homie Kim Ferrer taught as Gina and he did an awesome job talking about Moses.
  • Back in Kidz Cove we also played a game called Pick your Moses not your noses.
  • Sunday in main service we continued our series "30 days to Live". And Scott just rocked it. He was not at 100% but God still used him to help changes lives Sunday. Isn't God GREAT!!!
  • Chris and da band were on fire with their killer worship set. They lead off with Tim McGraw's " Live like you were dying"
  • In the Kidz Cove meeting we talked about Vision and how important it was to have it. We played a cool game in which we had 2 teams. Tappers and guessers, the tappers had to tap out a song which I gave them on the guessers shoulder and the guesser had to try and guess the song. This is a very very hard game. But the image it gives is that is how it feels when you only have 1 piece of the puzzle for vision. People, parents, volunteers, and staff walk around trying to guess what you are trying to say.
  • Sunday night was Real Life Live where teens bring their parents to youth. Not sure how it went cause I had a major headache and slept for most of the rest of the day and night

No comments: