Twitter Updates

Friday, January 23, 2009

Hurray up and lead

If you read this blog and are a leader in your church, company, choir, club, or country ( little to far I know) then now is the time for you to hurray up and lead. After a phone call with a friend and mentor, this thought just hit me. He asked, "What do you think other youth programs are doing cause I want to see if I'm on the right track with my program". And I thought WHO CARES what other people are doing. I might not be the smartest person, the sharpest knife, or the brightest bulb in the box but I do know this. Instead of asking what others are doing, ask what have they not thought of yet. Don't get sucked into what the biggest or "best" churches, companies, choirs, or clubs are doing. Do something different, be your own program or maybe more important do what God has called you to do. Not what He has called others to do. Leaders it is not to late to grab a group of folks and brainstorm. Think about what kids, teens, and adults like to do and then somehow do it in a way that shows them God's unbelievable grace and love. But hurray up and stop being copycats and lead like no else has ever lead before.

No comments: