Twitter Updates

Friday, June 27, 2008

Do you wanna

So I have been prepping for the talk that I am going giving to the Big Rock youth on Sunday night. I am speaking on " Quiet time with God" why we need and how to do it. And it hit me. I am not really good at this. I mean I try to be good. I try and read everyday even if it is just a few verses. I try to pray everyday, even praying little prayers through out the day. I have tried to write in a journal but I am not a good writer. So I just upset and quit. But in preparing for this talk it got me thinking how can I tell them what they should do if I can't even do it. So I came up with this. THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE. I am extending this out to myself and the youth. I also want to extended it out to my the readers of this blog (all 2 of you). Lets try having at least 10-15 minutes of quiet time (no phones, TV, music, kids, nothing around). In that time dive into God's word with reading at the least a few verses a day. And then spend some time talking to God and listening as well. And if after 30 days you and honestly it has not helped you. Don't do it. I am going to start Sunday 6/29/08. Will you join me?

No comments: